Wednesday, July 15, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: File Select (remix) - Mario 64 (N64)



"File Select (remix)" from Super Mario 64 on the Nintendo 64 (1996)
Composer: Koji Kondo
Remix Producer:  Krys$hun
Developer: Nintendo



Okay, so I got really excited about our last MIDI Week singles post and I decided to look for more stage select music.  As it turns out, Megaman rules the Youtube Stage Select music scene, coming up in the results about eight out of every ten choices.  However, after sifting through the Youtube search results for a while, I came up with a winner:  Super Mario 64, file select menu!

I decided to do something different this week, and I chose a remix track of the Mario 64 file menu.  This remix is a labor of love, and I think it adds to the song without getting in the way.  This is a very pleasant track, I think.  It has a certain hollow sound that makes me think of a water level, and it has very positive nostalgia for me.  Mario 64 was the start of a new era, It's a colorful and bright game, and I think this music plays well with the overall aesthetic.  It makes me happy to listen.  Also,  for purists, here's the original track

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment