Wednesday, July 22, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: "Nascence" - Journey (PS3)



"Nascence" from Journey on Playstation 3 (2012)
Composer: Austin Wintory
Producer: Sony Computer Entertainment
Developer: thatgamecompany




This deliciously moody track is the opening to the game Journey, originally for PS3.  This song serves as something of a Leitmotif in the soundtrack, and I think it stands on its own even at under 2 minutes.  The strings are sweet and melancholy, and they really resonate for me.

I haven't played Journey since the first time, three or so years ago.  It was a great experience, and the music is very important to the game.  Clearly, I'm not the only one who thinks so-- Sony released the soundtrack on vinyl.  This is the first time I've heard of a vinyl record for a game soundtrack.  I plan to do a game scores post on Journey at some point, and will be looking into more music from Austin Wintory.    And if I ever get a PS3, Journey will be the first game I buy.

-D


1 comment:

  1. So, now that you have a PS3, have you bought Journey yet?

    ReplyDelete