Wednesday, August 26, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: Skyrim Atmospheres - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)


"Skyrim Atmospheres" from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PC
Composer: Jeremy Soule
Record Label: DirectSong
Studio: Bethesda Games Studio



The track for today's MIDI Week Single is a bit odd in that it's not a traditional "song," but mainly background atmosphere ambient music and sounds.  There are a number of melodies during the 43 minute track, but considering the length of the track, there are not many.  There's a theme (of sorts) that the chimes start at 8:18; and then there is the "Tavern Melody" as I name it in my head that starts at 14:22, fades out after a while, but is then briefly picked back up from 17:22-17:45.  Well, you get the point.  Interspersed with these fleeting snippets of melody/theme are varying sounds of nature that you would be like to find it a mountainous region.  I usually create a scenario where an adventurer (or a party) are wandering the mountain/hillsides and come across a small village and take shelter in an inn/tavern then leave the following morning at dawn while the ground is still covered with fog.  Damnit, now I want to play Skyrim again!

I have found that I will sometimes put this song on in the morning after Conklederp and I have done our morning yoga routine and while I am making coffee (I did not this morning however).  I like having music on in the background, (something I feel like I inherited from my Father), but since Conklederp is around music all day for her job, I will try to not put on something that is akin to what she would be playing or is melody heavy and "Skyrim Atmospheres" is just the thing.  Plus, aside from being the music of Skyrim itself, the music also reminds me of being in Bend (where Conklederp and I went with her parents back in 2013; I had purchased the soundtrack a few weeks before so I was listening to it a lot at that point) or Yosemite (because Yosemite is so bloody mountainous and gorgeous), and you can bet that I'll have this music with us when we head over to Bend next month.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Their Spirit Lives On

No comments:

Post a Comment