Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Monthly Update - Novembrr!

 
never heard of this before.  But it has 'November in the title'



The temperature finally dropped.  Dang I missed a 'Doctober' pun for last month.  Might I should retcon it. 

Still just Mario Maker and Magic for me.  Unfortunately, I'm finding myself less focused on each of these, which is kind of a hard way to be.  At least in the case of the 'Maker' aspects of both.  I keep a note pad and whenever I come up with an idea for a mario maker level, I jot it down.  I probably have 30 or more ideas in that pad.  And I have about 6 or 7 unfinished levels.  It's a weird adjustment, only starting a level but not finishing more than half of it.  My first ten levels, I just burned through, finishing in one or two sittings.  Now I find that when I don't finish a level, I just start a brand new one on my next play through.  Granted, my old levels are still in circulation, and do get a few plays every day.  But I know from experience that if I want to increase my star count, I have to make new levels and share them online.  And I do want more stars.  Right?

I guess it's just the sensation of having been on the 'ground floor.'  some of my contemporaries have pulled way ahead of me, reaching numbers of 600 stars and more, leaving my meager 100 stars in the dust.  A month ago, we were neck and neck.  It makes me wish for a weeks vacation spent hard at work on Mario Maker.  I guess that's the plight of any gamer who has a game they are really into. 

Magic is exactly the same.  Now that I have a group of people that I play with regularly, I am excited to make new decks and try them out.  Unfortunately, I have way more ideas than I have execution.  I end up with a bunch of half-finished decks.  On top of that, I split a box of the latest set, so I have a bunch of brand new cards sitting around, waiting to be put into something.  I'm starting to think that Magic Online is still the best way to play a new set, for its convenience if nothing else.  (The people I play with are never down for a proper draft game).

I've been burning through Undertale, and I think I'm nearing the end.  It is a catchy sort of game, that is for sure.  I'm already thinking about playing through again as I know there are multiple endings.  Additionally, I started to kill enemies instead of pacify them, and I've started to regret it.   I definitely want to try playing through without killing anyone.  No easy task.



In other news, the holidays are coming up, which means days off and also family visitation.  These are good things, but can also be exhausting, as my time off is limited, what with being the new guy at work.  I've also started using a personal calendar to organize myself.  Maybe that will help.

Jane and I picked up the card game 'gloom' and gave it a whirl.  Seems fun, great aesthetic.  I might do a full review after a few more plays.  I finished up 'Fringe.'  Didn't care for the last season much, but I hear that's how it happens for people.  I've moved on to the 'Judge John Hodgman' podcast, which is highly entertaining.

Okay, I have got to go to work, so I'm just gonna post this. 

-D


No comments:

Post a Comment