Wednesday, December 2, 2015

MIDI Week Singles - "Ruins" - Undertale (PC)



"Ruins" from Undertale on PC
Composer: Toby Fox
Game Developer: Toby Fox


I've come to the realization that I really like the music in this game and will definitely be highlighting more of it.  I wanted to get started by sharing the first real exploration BGM. I like how it introduces elements slowly and by :27, the full mix kicks in and carries you along.  To my ears, this song is reminiscent of The Secret of Mana soundtrack.  It's a very nice song to have playing while you wander around.

Also, it was composed by the writer ad programmer, Toby Fox, which I think is pretty cool.  Auteurism, man.

-D


1 comment:

  1. I very much hear a similarity to Secret of Mana at 0:27 and beyond, and even more so when that whistle-tone instrument comes in at 1:02. Great track!

    ReplyDelete