Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Monthly Update: Diciembre 2015

Good evening Ladies and Germs,
I thought it would be nice to take some time out to connect with you all, as this is the start of a new month, and it's a tradition around here to give a summary of where we are at, and where we are going.  At least as far as games and media are concerned.  I throw in personal stuff too, when appropriate.  Or, when I feel like it anyway.  Appropriate is a loose concept.  Not that we're especially rude around here, it's just that we don't really have hard and fast rules about what kind of content goes in this blog.  
However, content does go in this blog, and in this arena I have been sorely lacking this past month.  The only excuse I can think of is that I've just been too damned busy and too damned tired.  I got a promotion in October, which is great and all, but it came with a bunch of added responsibilities, which also includes rushing around to cover for the positions that have recently been vacated and not filled.  In other words, I am scrambling every day, and by days end, my brain is liquid.  This usually means I have pretty bad writer's block after work and I will usually just watch some kind of TV and play Mario Maker.  And I still don't feel like I play enough Mario Maker.  
That said, I did manage to play through to the end of Undertale the other day.  It was awesome.  I'm listening to the soundtrack now, and it's my intention to crank out a few posts on the subject, including a game scores and full review.  On top of that, when Jane is over we've been playing Mario Kart 8 pretty much non-stop.  It's a great game, as Mario Kart games always are.  We just cleared 50 and 100 ccs with trophies and stars and the like, and it's on to 150 ccs, which, as expected, is super-tough.  But fun!  Did I mention I'm playing through Undertale a second time?  There is a way of beating the game without killing anybody, and I am definitely up for the challenge. I think it might go a little slower this time through. 
Umm, apart from that, Jane and I have been watching Jessica Jones on Netflix and so far we both really like it.  It's got a great tone, a steady pace, and it does a good job of shadowing the villains influence without really showing much of him.  I'm anticipating a pretty intense episode when he is finally confronted directly, and given that he's played by Dr. Who's David Tennant, I don't think I'll be disappointed.  
Finally, I want to drop a little plug for the Judge John Hodgman podcast.  Jane and I listen to this one together and we both find it very entertaining.  John Hodgman is simultaneously funny, insightful, nerdy, classy, mature and silly.  He has a deep love of nerd culture and he wears it well.  We recently listened to an episode where he settled a couple's dispute centering around Mortal Kombat X.  It was great.
Alright, that's all I've got for now.  Take that writers block!

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment