Wednesday, January 27, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "One Final Tight Spot" - Cthulhu Saves the World (PC)


"One Final Tight Spot" from Cthulhu Saves the World on the PC
Composer: Gordon McNeil
Album: Cthulhu Saves the World OST
Record Label: Self Released
Developer: Zeboyd Games


As is the case with a couple of the games we've used for our weekly column, I have yet to play Cthulhu Saves the World, although Dr. Potts has played it and in fact he was the one that recommended to me not only this game, but Breath of Death VII a number of years ago.  And yet, I still haven't played this game in particular, most likely due to the long-afore-mentioned CPS (Christmas Present Syndrome).

But I have listened to the music a bit and as was the case with last weeks MIDI Week Single, I immediately loved this song the first time I heard it.  It's just a great rollicking tune that sounds heroic and adventuresome at the same time; which is the feeling that you want a fanfare-type song to instill in the listener.  Add to that the fact that this song comes late in the soundtrack (so late it's the final track), I get the feeling of one final hurrah.

If this track at all gave you even the slightest of feels, the entire soundtrack is free over on Zeboyd's webpage so go give this fun indie developer a visit and check out the rest of their games while listening to Gordon Mc(NotFreeman)Neil's exciting score.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Mr. Show!

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me that I never heard this song in the actual game, as I never beat Cthulu Saves the World. I might want to go do that, just for the sake of completion. And to see what silly jokes are left. Fun game, but got a bit boring doing dungeon after dungeon.

    ReplyDelete