Wednesday, February 24, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Stage 16 Theme" - Lemmings (SNES)

 

"Stage 16 Theme"  - Lemmings on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Composers:  Tim Wright and Brian Johnston
Developer: DMA design 
Publishers:  Psychosis, Sunsoft




Lemmings is such a sleeper game.  So easy to forget, but so much fun.  I really love this game, I wonder if it's received any kind of update over the years.  The last time I tried to play the SNES version, I couldn't deal with the interface, and longed for a mouse and keyboard. 

Whenever I think of Lemmings, I think of this silly track.  Mostly a cheerful, brainless plodding, just like the Lemmings themselves, but the juxtaposition of the doom melody with the wedding melody is pure comic genius, in my mind. 

-D


1 comment:

  1. There was an updated version that came out on the PSP and the joystick was a lot easier to use than the directional pad. And now I recall that I never beat it. . .time to go back then!

    ReplyDelete