Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Pak Watch: A couple of RPGs




Cosmic Star Heroine
Cosmic Star Heroine is the latest from Zeboyd games, who brought you Cthulu Saves the World and Breath of Death VII.  Both of these games were style parodies of popular Role Playing Games of the 1990s, and it looks like Cosmic Star Heroine continues in that vein, drawing comparisons to Chrono Trigger and Lunar.  Heroine takes place in a future-world and will involve traveling to different planets.  Additionally, the combat system goes deep, "requiring you to plan your moves turns in advance". I am intrigued, and I always love a good RPG combat system.  I consider myself a fan of Zeboyd games, so I will be keeping my eyes and ears out for more info.  Cosmic Star Heroine is being released for the PS4 and Steam. 



--------------



Torment:  Tides of Numenera
This game is also a style tribute to a 90s RPG.  In this case, a critically acclaimed PC game called "Planescape: Torment."  This is one classic RPG that I have never played, but I have heard a lot of praise about it.  The game has reached beta status, and is predicted to be 50 hours long.  The plot has something to do with falling to earth in a body once occupied by the Changing God who has cheated death for Millennia.  And check out this image!  It doesn't all look like this, but I just had to share this gross hellscape.  Looks pretty cool to me.  


1 comment:

  1. Fan of Zeboyd Games and a fan of Infinity Engine style games. Goodtimes all around.

    ReplyDelete