Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Pak Watch: retro fantasy action

This week, I've got a triple shot of cool looking games, all of which I first noticed on PixelArtus.com.  


Eitr
Eneme Entertainment
PC
In Development
I love the art style, I love the way the game moves.  It makes me think of a fine retro tune up of old beat'em'up games like Golden Axe.  I wish this game were available to play in an arcade machine at a local bar.  The story and environments are based in Norse Mythology.  Tasty.  

---------------


Wizard of Legend
Contigent99
PC 
In Development
What can I say?  This game looks neat too!  Similar to Eitr, more of a top down perspective.  Combos, beating up, neat looking pixelated graphics.  My heart warms at the imagery.  A dungeon crawler of some kind.  I just want to mash some buttons!

------------------





Odallus, the Dark Call
Joy Masher
PC/Steam 
Available Now
This is one of the most retro games I've ever seen.  Look at the art style and the stiff animation! Somehow,  the embracing of 8-bit limitations and conventions makes me even more keen on trying this game out. Which I can do, because it's available for $15.  If I do, rest assured, you will hear about it.

-D

1 comment:

  1. I'm analyzing too much in the gif from Eitr, what with the yellow/gold number appearing above the hammer wielding undead. It almost looks like they're regenerating. I also like the the little screen shake after the warrior's attack, like there's weight to it.

    With Odallus, I get a strong Castlevania feeling from the art, level design, and animation with a bit of Faxanadu thrown in for good measure.

    Wizard of Legend though, I'm not immediately sold on the gif, but it does warrant further investigation.

    ReplyDelete