Wednesday, May 25, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Wiley Stage 2" - Mega Man III (NES)




"Dr. Wiley Stage 2" from Mega Man III on the NES (1990)
Composer: Yasuaki Fujita
Album: Mega Man III Official Sound Track
Developer: Capcom



I've listened to the Mega Man III soundtrack a bunch of times, and yet, I don't remember ever having heard this song before.  This one caught me by surprise as I listened to my phone's music library on random.  There's something decidedly solemn about the tone that I appreciate, despite being simultaneously driving (it seems all Mega Man songs are driving, appropriate for an action game).  The chorus is dramatic, and yet still seems solemn.  This struck me in a sweet way, it's always nice to find music that is just the right kind of sad.  I'd love to hear a creative arrangement of this track. 

On a separate note, I found out today that, according to the Video Game Music Database,  Yasuaki Fujita stepped in as composer of Mega Man III when his wife Harumi Fujita bowed out after giving birth.  Harumi Fujita has a deep catalog of NES composition work, deeper than her husbands.  I thought that was a fun tidbit. 

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment