Thursday, May 5, 2016

Monthly Update, Y'all!

Howdy folks,  
I'm sendin' out this update as I get ready to head out to Austin, Texas, this coming week.  I'm there to visit family, and it will be a sibling reunion.  We haven't all been together since the last time we met at Austin, either two or three years ago, I can't remember.  Anyhow, it's a great town, but a tad bit hot and humid, and also it's located in Texas.  But the food is fantastic, and the people are nice.  And it is home to the Alamo Drafthouse, where you can drink beer, eat food and watch a movie.  Did I mention that Voodoo Doughnut recently set up shop in Austin?  The Austin/Portland weird economic exchange is real.

I doubt I'll find much time for gaming while I'm out there, though I did pick up a copy of Sushi Go! card game that I'd like to play with everyone.  If they enjoy it half as much as I do, I will call it a success.  

After returning from Austin, Jane and I will redouble our efforts to find a new place to rent.  One that has room for both of us and our cats.  Hopefully with a yard so that I can grow some veggies.  That is the dream.  It's a lot of work though, so fingers crossed that something falls into our lap soon. 

Over the past month, I've played a lot of Magic, The Gathering, as I detailed in a previous post.  I've decided to stop fighting it, and start writing it (pretty catchy, eh?).  So I've come up with a way to compare Magic the Gathering with Dragon Warrior for the NES and also with Dragon Warrior IV, also for the NES.  Dragon Warrior often serves as the prototypical RPG video games, in my mind, so I think it works well as an example.  

This looks like a short one, as I don't have much more to say.  I hope all is well with all Y'all,

-D

No comments:

Post a Comment