Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Pak Watch: Nadia was Here



I've played about 30 minutes of the demo for the retro RPG "Nadia was Here".  So far, I am enjoying it. There is an original take on combat systems, using positioning in lanes to affect combat.  The characters are fun and distinctive.  The graphics are retro and use interesting color palettes.  This isn't NES retro, I'm not actually sure what kind of art this reminds me of.  Almost Game boy color.  

The plot seems really interesting.  Something about the world being erased and rebooted every hundred years, and the struggle to build a legacy with the knowledge that it will all be gone.  Each character will deal with this knowledge differently.  They start with no real goals and gain a sense of purpose as the game plays on. I'm looking forward to the character development in this game.

I was originally linked to this game from a Kill Screen article.  Check it out for more info on the game.  They also have an interview with the designer, Jeop Alben, of the Netherlands.  There's a Kickstarter, and the game is set to come out in Winter of this year.  I'm going to pass them a few dollars after I finish the demo.  It always feels good to donate to a kickstarter.   And this is the kind of super-small scale indie stuff that I love supporting.  

Download the Demo

Contribute to the Kickstarter

Read More

-D




No comments:

Post a Comment