Wednesday, June 15, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Paper Route - Main Theme" - Paperboy (NES)


"Paper Route - Main Theme" from Paperboy on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1988)
Composer: Hal Canon
Album: No Official Release
Developer: Atari Games



This song came up this morning and I was immediately taken back to my pre-teen days, playing Paperboy at Dr. Potts' house.  From what I recall about wanting to play Paperboy, was that it was a good filler game, either in between long RPGs or just to see if our gaming ability increase at all since the last time we played; it usually hadn't.  I recall that I could consistently get to the third day, but I would have very few, if not my last life and maybe less than five houses left that were still subscribers.

All of that agony aside, I still have fond memories of this game and this song, which is either called "Main Theme" or "Paper Route" depending on which source you are sourcing, none of which are official soundtracks, so I just listed both as it makes sense.  All I think it really needs is the occasional static-muddled sound of a dog barking followed by another static-filled sound of a bike crashing into a storm drain. 



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment