Sunday, July 31, 2016

Bi-Monthly Update - July/August

oops- missed one. 
heck, I didn't even make a post for over a month.  I'm surprised I haven't been fired. 

I am looking to fix this.  I just haven't found the right time.  The morning is basically out, I'm getting ready for work earlier now than before.  The evening could work, but I just haven't felt like it most evenings.  Weekends?  Seems good in theory, but it seems like I'm busy, and when I do have time, I don't feel like writing.

That is my story right now.  Lame, perhaps, but it's what I've got. 

Funny story:  Jane and I just got done hanging with her cousin Betsy, and the next day, she takes a picture with Zaboo from the Guild!  Apparently the actor who plays Vork owns a nearby coffee shop, and they are friends with him.  And then Zaboo, came in and she got a selfie with him.  neat :)

During that visit with Jane's family, we played a bunch of new card and board games that I'd never heard of.  I'll elaborate in another post, but here are the games we played:  X-Wing miniatures, Code Names, The Resistance, and danged if I can't remember the name of the fun map-building treasure hunt game.  I'll find out the name and get back to you.

Hearing about Pokemon Go on twitter a lot.  It sounds pretty cool, like a much simpler version of geocaching.  People are running into each other all over, families playing together.  I still don't have any plans to download it, but it sound great.  Like you're living in and acting out an RPG game.  What's not to  love?

Okay, I'm keeping this short for now, so I can get this post out.  I'll come back with another update soon.  Promise!

-D



No comments:

Post a Comment