Monday, August 8, 2016

Pak Watch: Killscreen

So like... almost half of the interesting games that I save for Pak Watch come from Killscreen.  They just seem to have a sense of taste that matches up with mine.  So, just for fun, I thought I'd do a Pak Watch with *only* games I found out about from Killscreen.  Click on the game titles to read the killscreen article.  There are many more than this, but here are four to get started:





Nest
low-fi game about best bird buds.
Nest is a short exploration game where you play as a crow, searching the forest.  It's low-fi and free to play.  I haven't played it yet, but I would like to. 








Diaries of a Spaceport Janitor
A game about being a janitor and digging through space-trash.
The title of this one draws me in.  The graphics look like Playstation 1 style, which, as it turns out, is now delightfully retro.  The visual style draws me in as well, I want to go exploring int his pixely world and rummage around for trash.








Fulcrom
low-poly snowboarding game with spooky neon goodness.
I am always interested in a new snowboarding game, even though I've only ever played 1080 snowboard on N64.  But I played a LOT of that one.  Anyway, this game is taking a more abstract approach, which is reflected in the visuals.  The designers want it to capture some the spirit of snowboard and to encourage exploration.  Sign me up!  Beautiful racing games always make me want to go off-track. 






new game from LIMBO people.  Looks atmospheric and spooky.  mechanical, creepy.  Comparisons to War of the Worlds.  Probably fantastic.   


No comments:

Post a Comment