Monday, September 19, 2016

Eleven Days Left In The Month Update About Last Week

My original plan for today's post was to either write about the 3DS game Fantasy Life since I finished it last night on the flight back from Nor*Cal or a review about the first of two licensed Elder Scrolls books, which I just finished reading this morning after our cat decided that 10 minutes outside was all he wanted to spend after wanting to go out all morning; and very vocally letting us know that he wasn't yet outside, which was where he wanted to so badly be.

Then a neighbor's yard workers started to use their manly gas powered gas tools and I know I could close the open window not three feet from my head so as to dampen the noises, but again, the cat is perched on the sill and panickingly (sp?) gazing out as one of the various hired out city trucks removes our weekly build up of filth, debris and recyclables.  

Part of The Original Plan also involved an apology for not posting a MIDI Week Single last week or another article on Friday and here I present to you (or "you all" if there are more than one) my excuses for our lax in our duties.  Last Wednesday (9/14/16), I was having a hard time deciding what song to feature on our weekly column and I literally sat at my computer from nearly 11 am - 4:47 pm listening to songs from video games that I had not listened to (at least since I re-uploaded everything to iTunes last November, which also includes a couple game soundtracks each month that I decide that need to have or realize that I have them on Steam and have yet do actually listen to them.  I think part of it was burn out and frustration leading to burn out which lead to frustration, and so on.

Last week was also a bit more hectic and stressful than usual weeks as school/internship/work things were coming to a proverbial head which lead my mind to not being as productive as I would have liked.  Driving 94.9 miles (152.7267 km for you Celsius folks out there) round trip for a job interview and then flying out the same day was more than I usually deal with.  So Conklederp and I flew down to the aforementioned Nor*Cal so we could attend the wedding of a family friend on Friday and the resulting beverages from Thursday night through Sunday afternoon lead to no post from me on Friday.

I know that missing a post here and there is to be expected, but I feeling even more guilty when it is a MIDI Week Single, especially in this last year which has seen more missed posts than I would have liked, which then leads me to feeling let down and all introspectively annoyed with myself.

Oooooooooooooookay, moving on before this goes in a completely different direction than I am able to reel myself back from.  But Wednesday will be another MIDI Week Single and we'll get back into regular postings.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment