Wednesday, September 28, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "In The Pines" - The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series (PC)


"In The Pines" from The Walking Dead: Season Two - A Telltale Games Series on PC (2014)
Label: Self Released / Bandcamp
Developer: Telltale Games

Due to something not working correctly with the uploading of the video for today's MIDI Week Single, I will simply direct you to a link, and not just any ordinary link either!  This link will take you to the bandcamp page for Telltale Games composer Jared Emerson-Johnson and animator Janel Drewis, where you can download the track that you would normally have been able to hear in today's article.

When I first came upon this song, it was actually in 2014 during the end credits for Episode 2: "A House Divided."  I was not one of the apparent many who first heard Nirvana cover "In The Pines" way back in 1993, so I was not part of that new generation whom this song was introduced to.  And I actually prefer the version from The Walking Dead over Nirvana's cover, partly because it was the first version of the song that I had heard, but also because here, this arrangement of the song I find to be more innocent with the "little girl" being an actual "little" girl akin to Clementine and not the young woman with all of the sexual connotations that have been interpreted therein by other arrangements and covers.  Then of course there is the 1940s/50s Lead Belly arrangement, which is much less dramatic than either of the two aforementioned versions, but to each their own.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian


P.S.  So what lead up to this snafu, was that I had accidentally selected a picture to upload when I was supposed to select a video, and now it is permanently trying to upload an image file whenever I select a video file.  Who knows.  Hopefully I will have this Blogspot video issue figured out by next Wednesday and everything will be as right as rain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment