Friday, October 7, 2016

Monthly Update: October 2016


Well how's that for an update for September and now October!?

Sorry, I shouldn't get all snipity.

This post was supposed to go up on Monday October 3rd, but I became busy with upcoming weekend activities and became unable to complete writing this article, so you will have to deal with a Friday October 7th posting for my Monthly Update.

So what have I been up to these last couple of weeks?  Finally nailing down an internship which included an interview for a temporary state job located 43 miles to the south as well as one conference call (and almost a dozen emails) with a local accounting firm for whom I am now interning for.  Oh, and another state job, but local this time who I have emailed a couple of times and have sent in a letter describing why I would be good for the job, but I will not be taking, mainly because I do not think that it would meet the requirements for the internship which is required for me to finish the accounting program that I am all but finished with.

But all that boring normal life stuff aside, September was semi-productive.  I finally finished Fantasy Life, which I have been meaning to complete and post the associated article.  I then decided to start up Resident Evil: Revelations, which I still haven't looked up where it falls in the Resident Evil timeline, so I may decide to put that one off it takes place after Resident Evil 5 or 6 as I have yet to play either of those games; although I do have RE5 sitting patiently in my Steam Queue, as well as a few other games.  And continuing with the horror games, last week I decided to boot up Outlast again, but this time to start the Whistleblower DLC, which is a prequel to the main story.  I am, I believe, about 2/3's of the way through (based on achievements acquired) and at least at the moment, I am not enjoying the game as much as the main game, but that could be that it just stresses me out a lot, frequently letting myself be killed by whatever happens to be chasing me in the particular area that I am trying to escape from, all so that I do not have to use up a holy battery (this is because in Outlast, whenever you respawn, your existing battery is returned to a fully charged state and saves having to use up a holy battery).

I also, albeit briefly, got back into Morrowind, but that was because I kept putting off the main quest in the Tribunal expansion and I really want to know/see/find out what happens with Almalexia and Sotha Sil in Mournhold.  Although there is a really annoying Bosmer whom I dread coming across in the Temple Court Yard district. . .ah well, so is the plight of the Nerevarine.

In non-horror game related news, I have also created, roughly six characters in Dragon Age: Origins as I am either not happy with the design/look of the character, or I may have forgotten to pick the particular voice and wasn't happy with the one that I accidentally landed on.  It also doesn't help that DA:O has six opening stories (which I am sure will all whittle down to one main story point that each starting point will eventually reach), and I am semi on the fence about which one I want to fully pursue, presently I have a Human mage and a Elven thief.  In similar fantasy related gaming, I'm picking The Witcher back up again while waiting for the Skyrim: Special Edition to come out later in the month.

Oh, and an update about my time with Fallout: New Vegas, which came to a grinding halt a few weeks back.  Apparently the game did not at all like one of the updates that Windows performed and now the game crashes after I select a game file to load.  I'll be further perusing Nexus for fixes, but until I find something, my cumulative 21 hours (spread out among three different characters and only one who made it past Goodsprings) in the wastes of the Mojave Desert will have to wait.

And it was this not working of F:NV that got me to finally going through the DLC campaigns for Borderlands, since I felt like I needed a break from that world after finished the main campaign sometime last year when we were still over at our original digs.  I'm, about 85% of the way through the Dr. Zed story, which has provided a consistent amount of new area zombie killing fun.

Lastly (at least for now), I have again misplaced my stylus for my 3DS.  There's a little nubbin on the end of the stylus that keeps it in its little cubby-hole in the back of the 3DS unit, but that nubbin is worn very small and so the stylus has a habit of not wanting to stay put.  Last week I lost it for a few days and Conklederp found it by our front door, and yesterday I misplaced it again between putting the 3DS in my man purse, taking it out a few hours later to have with me when I was in the grocery store, then when I took it out a few hours later, the stylus was missing.  So the hunt is on again, although hopefully contained to a much smaller area.

So this will wrap things up, at least for now.  I'm pretty sure there were other updatey things I wanted to go over, probably something about our D&D group (and we had a great session in the end of September where I nearly one hit killed two people with a single attack. . .trap. . .thing.  It was pretty great.

Looking into October, hopefully my posts will be more consistent than the last couple of weeks.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Into The Heart Of Cold

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your real-life internship-thing. 43 miles is a bit of a hike, but I am glad to hear of your continued progression. Good luck at this next stage!

    ReplyDelete