Wednesday, November 23, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Game Over" - The World Ends With You (DS)


"Game Over" from The World Ends With You on the Nintendo DS (2007)
Vocals: Andy KINLAY


This last weekend while visiting friends, I had part of this song stuck in my head (specifically between 0:47 - 0:53 and again at 1:34 - 1:40) and while I knew that it was from The World Ends With You, I could not remember where in the game it occurred or specifically which song on the album that beat came from.  At the time, I could have sworn that it was played during one of the many times Neku and Shiki are running around Shibuya looking for new clothes to buy or pins/abilities to acquire.  Apparently, however, this is the game over music.

I have also taken the time to actually look over the lyrics for the song beyond the opening line of "Tell me who you are, and who you were/" so I will not (and cannot) comment about the overall meaning of the lyrics in relation to the game.  And while Takeharu Ishimoto is credited with writing the music for The World Ends With You, I was uanble to find out if he also wrote the lyrics to not only this song, but the rest of the songs in the game, or if Japanese singer Andy KINLAY wrote the lyrics, or was brought on board to sing.  Mainly, I just wanted to share this song because it was stuck in my head and it's best to share that kind of catchiness with all those willing to listen.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment