Sunday, November 20, 2016

Pak Watch - Zombies and Ghosts

Despite the fact that I haven't really been playing video games since Magic took over my brain, I still take note of the interesting-looking games that I come across.  I've got a backlog of Pak Watch games that I've just been to lazy or distracted to post about.  Better late than never, I hope.



The Final Station
Do My Best games
Steam
This is a game where the action takes place on a train, traveling through a mid/post zombie apocalypse landscape.  The story is told indirectly, through the backgrounds you pass through and the stations you stop at.  I really like this story telling device, I think this game looks very interesting.
 
 



Ballistic Interactive
still six days left on the kickstarter for this game, and they could use some more money.  I like the aesthetic of this game.  3rd person, flashlight, grey, hunting for ghosts.  It's being billed as an RPG.  Hunt for ghosts in the dark, what's not to like?   



2 comments:

  1. Never before have I ever been interested in playing a pixelated train simulator (of sorts). I now want to play a game that heavily features a train; to note, I've only played ~20 minutes of "The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially like the way the game maker talks about the train in the interview. He seems very interested in storytelling through the backgrounds, which I think is very cool.

    I never played Spirit Tracks! I think it lost out by being part of a flurry of GBC Zelda games, all coming out within a year or two of each other. One might even argue that it was the turning point for the series, going from a carefully controlled, slow-release pattern, to a flooded market of Zelda games.
    Seems like they're slowing down again. Can't wait to check out Breath of the Wild!

    ReplyDelete