Thursday, December 8, 2016

I'm thinking of picking up a Playstation 3 (ramble)

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about Final Fantasy XV, and it makes me want to play an older final fantasy.  I'm thinking FFIX or FFXII.   

And I found out that PS3s are available for 80 bucks, used at my local game stop.  That's low enough for an impulsive purchase!  maybe even tomorrow.

While not strictly backwards compatible, there are many classic games available for download on the PSN. 

I've been composing a list of Playstation games I want to play.  Here is it so far: 

PS1:
Final Fantasy IX
Vagrant Story
Bushido Blade
Grandia
Dino Crisis

PS2
Dragon Quest 8
Katamari Damacy
Final Fantasy XII
Silent Hill 2

PS3
Journey
BioShock
Ni No Kuni
Okami HD
Majin and the forsaken kingdom
Unfinished Swan


That's a pertty big list.  If I get just two of those games, I should stay occupied for a while.  

And yes, I should probably just play steam games.  My crappy laptop can still run a lot of them, but I've been finding I miss my consoles, and I think I'm more likely to play on them.  $80 is much cheaper than a new laptop as well.    

Of course, upon further research I find that PS3s are notoriously unreliable, so buying a used for $80 may not be a good idea.  New ones are about $150, and have warranty from Sony.  May want to look into that... 

Anyway, I'll weigh my options and make the right choice.  Some of the fun has been found in indulging myself by looking up the best games on the last three systems.  There have been some good ones.  

-D

4 comments:

  1. If one of the used consoles is one of the slim models, I might go for it; figuring that the the later models are more reliable the the first ones to be made, I could be wrong though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and bought a 60 gig one for $65. It's an old old version, so I'm really crossing my fingers. It is, however, one of hte backwards compatible ones, so I will be paying attention to the bargain bins
    currently I'm downloading FFIX and Katamari Damacy. A very reasonable 9.99 price tag for each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you already had FF IX? Or did that get lost during one of the moves since Pinon?

      Delete
  3. Well, what i had was a CD-R copy of the game taken from Steve (Zor The Red). I think I still have the CDs. However, what I don't have is my playstation 1. Not actually sure what happened to the thing, but it was likely during some move or another.
    I didnt really play FFIX at all at Pinon, though I remember watching you or Sean (Ghost) playing it.

    ReplyDelete