Monday, June 26, 2017

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic

Whelp, it's officially happening, and I don't know if my heart can take it all over again.


Yup, that is right, Nintendo is releasing an SNES Classic console, similar to the annoyingly rare and oft overpriced due to scalpers and hoarders, NES Classic console that was released and discontinued in about a six month span.

The current game list as um, listed by Nintendo is as follows:
Contra III: The Alien Wars™
Donkey Kong Country™
EarthBound™
Final Fantasy III
F-ZERO™
Kirby™ Super Star
Kirby’s Dream Course™
The Legend of Zelda™: A Link to the Past™
Mega Man® X
Secret of Mana
Star Fox™
Star Fox™ 2
Street Fighter® II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Castlevania IV™
Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts®
Super Mario Kart™
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars™
Super Mario World™
Super Metroid™
Super Punch-Out!! ™
Yoshi’s Island™

When this popped up earlier (as in two hours ago as of this writing), I was excited and immediately felt the pangs and frustration of not being able to find/locate/play one of the coveted NES Classics.  I would rather not have to be that person standing outside of a Target/Best Buy/Odin forbid Walmart/Sam Goody/Game Stop/Fry's at 2 AM waiting with 300 other people eagerly anticipating the doors to open in order to tackle my way to one of the five SNES Classics that are in stock.  I would much rather put in my $80 pre-order through Amazon and have it arrive at my doorstep the day it is released.

I do not want that heartache again and I genuinely felt a bit of that anxiety all over again.  Sure, I know, first world problem and all that.  

Here's to hoping that September 29th is good to us all.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

*P.S.  I will say I was a little disappointed that there weren't any puzzle games, Tetris Attack, or Tetris/Dr. Mario specifically, if only because those were my Mom's favorite games and t'would have been nice to hook that up to my parents' TV instead of the SNES that is semi-working at the moment.

P.P.S.  I also want to give kudos to Nintendo (at least for now) for including two controllers.  Great decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment