Thursday, November 2, 2017

MIDI Week Singles: "Wondering About My Loved Ones" - Wolfenstein 3D (PC)


"Wondering About My Loved Ones" from Wolfenstein 3D on MS-DOS (1992)
Composer: Robert Prince
Album: No Official Release
Developer: id Software



First off, it was semi-surprisingly difficult to find this particular version of "Wondering About My Loved Ones," which is the version that plays in the 1992 MS-DOS version of the game that is available through GOG.  And because this song is as well known as it apparently is, there are dozens of arrangements, re-orchestrations, remixes, and covers, but what I wanted was the stripped down version that is in the game, not necessarily the version that composer Bobby Prince had written "as is" for the game.  And then there is a semi-soundtrack available with music from Wolfenstein 3D, it contains the music that Bobby Prince originally wrote.

So I landed on "Wondering About My Loved Ones" because while playing the game, I would hear about 10 seconds at most while in the process of saving my game and that was it.  The song in its entirety is not too different from those first 10 seconds, but there is another full minute of music before the song clips back into the beginning.  Plus Conklederp thinks it is a pretty funny song out of context (or even in context for that matter) and it is what I thought would be a good showcase going into November.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment