Wednesday, December 27, 2017

MIDI Week Singles: "Ingame 2" - Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (PC, Wii U, XBLA, PS4)


"Ingame 2" from Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams  on the PC, Wii U, Xbox Live Arcade, & PlayStation (2012)
Composer: Chris Huelsbeck
Label: Black Forest Games
Developer: Black Forest Games


Dr. Potts got me this soundtrack (along with a handful of others a few years back) and it is from one of those games that I have had sitting on the back burner for a number of years but just have never gotten around to playing.  Listening to the soundtrack though, especially "Ingame 2," definitely makes me want to play whatever type of platforming game this is.  If I did not know anything about Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (which I really do not), this music would make me think of both Castlevania and Super Meat Boy; and after watching one of the trailers, a bit of Guacamelee too.  Something about the semi-baroqueness of the melody as the song starts off just screams to be played on a harpischord by an 80's hair metal band; or maybe I am off on that comparison, but at least the sentiment is there.  

Sort of anyway.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment