Friday, December 1, 2017

Monthly Update: December 2017


So first off, apologies for us missing the first MIDI Week Single since September 14th 2016, but at least we made it more than 52 weeks without missing a post, just not quite a calendar year.

So my excuse for my lax posting in November had to do with Conklederp and me moving into a the house we recently signed a 30 year mortgage on, refinishing some hardwood floors before being able to set up an integral room designed for sleeping, getting said house ready for a family visit, moving more stuff out of the old house (we had a month overlap), and cleaning the old house before we turned the keys in.  I don't think we've gotten take out as much as we did last month, what with being exhausted after doing maintenance, moving boxes and bags, and some deep deep cleaning in hopes that we might get at least 17% of our deposit back.

Now that we are fully in our new house (for the next 30 years?) posting should become more regular. . . oh wait, there are these holiday things coming up at the end of the month and oh yeah, we still have a lot of boxes taking up a lot of room in the kitchen, living room, and basement landing.  And I am looking at a blue plastic bin that has our Dungeons & Dragons books in it, and I know there is another blue plastic bin upstairs with most of my Tolkien books in it; and I need to bolt a small bookshelf into the wall so that it doesn't tip over during the big one in the next 50 years.

Anyway, the point is, now that we only have one house to deal with, I can get back to talking about my playthrough of Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, my attempt at Castlevania: The Adventure, my current goings on in Wolfenstein 3D, or my time with DOOM on the Switch; holy hell I'm even playing multiplayer against my better judgement!  Or even my hunt to find a new physical copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening for less than $40 because bloody hell resellers, y'all're asshats, and Nintendo really needs to have this (and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, and Star Fox 64 3D as part of their Nintendo Selects series.

Alright, that's my post for today.  Written partly because I felt I needed to post an update and not just one of the monthly variety, but also because I felt that I haven't written in a while and it generally feels good to be able to sit down and write something, which was part of the reason for us existing here.  That and because Dr. Potts and I live 650+ miles away and it's a way for us to keep in touch on a regularish basis.

So being back is good.

Let's keep it this way.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
The Mountain I Must Climb

No comments:

Post a Comment