Wednesday, June 6, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "Daytime Stage - Part I" - Bram Stoker's Dracula (NES)


"Daytime Stage - Part I" from Bram Stoker's Dracula on the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Game Gear (1993)
Composer: Jeroen Tel
Album: No Official Release
Developer: Probe Software


I decided to use this song partly because I am playing Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (and I do not yet have the soundtrack to that game), but also because I feel like I was unaware of this games existence up until last week.  And jeez, this music is something else!  It was composed late in the life of the NES which is probably why it sounds a lot more complicated than a lot of earlier NES games released back in the mid-late 1980s.

Truthfully though, I mentally skipped over this soundtrack the first time I listened to it, but when it cropped up again when I was done with the last game music I was listening to, I thought, "Huh, this is a pretty cool track."  And when I looked at why it sounded familiar, I felt that composer Jereon Tel must have done something right with his very different sounding music for an NES game.  So that is why I wanted to share it will you all today.  Good music deserves to be shared.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment