Wednesday, December 16, 2015

MIDI Week Single: "Intro" - Alone in the Dark 2 (PC)


"Intro" from Alone in the Dark 2 on the PC (1993)
Record Label: Self Released through gog.com
Album: Alone in the Dark 2 OST


To note, I have yet to play Alone in the Dark 2, but based on the usage of "Jingle Bells" in the song, that, at least part of the game, will take place at or around Christmas; hence the decision to use it for today's MIDI Week Single.

Honestly, the "Jingle Bells" motif threw me the first time I heard it, mainly because I had not realized that I had any video game music that contained Christmas songs.  I was confused too when I saw that the music being played was from Alone in the Dark 2, but by 0:47, a more traditional Alone in the Dark melody comes in and I am immediately reminded of the time I spent in the Derceto mansion (as well in the caverns below).  I love too that the "Jingle Bells" motif comes back one last time (at 1:44), but very much in the background and not at all the correct notes (major, minor, or mode), as if the motif is trying to hide and not be noticed too much less the Elder Gods become offended and instigate a true War on Christmas.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment