Friday, December 4, 2015

Monthly Update: December 2015


I am a bad person.  Well, not in the typical bad horrible person who doesn't tip after a meal, just the bad kind of person who doesn't stay updated because I occasionally (frequently) have not-so-great time management skills.  I just looked and including MIDI Week Singles posts, I only wrote five for the entirety of November.  November's been busy for me if that wasn't already passive aggressively apparent.  For that I apologize.

Oddly enough (or perhaps not), I have done a bit of gaming.  I got frustrated with my lack of being about to consistently hit anything in Fallout 2, and that after six hours I find myself equipped with a semi souped up spear and no armor aside from the suit from the Vault Dweller (so basically, no armor).  I know that when told that I have a 46% chance to hit something, that that percentage is specifically for each swing and not an overall percentage, but when I have +/- 30% accuracy rating over an entire battle, it gets a little infuriating.  I know I should just restart with a new character, but I'm just too damn stubborn and I want to play Fallout 3 already, what with Fallout 4 coming out in November and all.  So I started Fallout 3 and 17 hours later, I am quite happy playing an Elder Scrolls typed-feel game in the Fallout universe.  I am a little sad that the size of the playable world is significantly smaller than that of any of the previous Fallout games (Fallout 1, 2, and Tactics) in that it's now around a single city versus an entire Southern California area.

Anyway, there'll probably be an article later in December covering not only Fallout 2 and Tactics but a couple of other games that I fell I know enough about to write full on articles about.  I could probably also go on about my first time playing in a fantasy football league, but I feel I should wait until the end of the regular season so that I don't jinx myself for the rest of the season.  No, it's not that I'm superstitious about sports (I'm superstitious about sports), it's that I'm superstitious about things that I think I need to be superstitious about, like sports and how I brush my teeth every day/night and how I exit the car each and every time I . . um, exit the car.

I am also eagerly/dreading Steam's Winter sale since I know that I don't need any more games to play since I have 150+ games that I should play already, but there's 70+ games that I'm constantly watching for a significant drop in price (<$5) and may just have to buy if that happens in the coming weeks.  Then Dementium: The Ward - Remastered from Renegade Kid (aka: Jools Watsham) was released a couple of days ago and that's a game that I really want to play on the 3DS, seeing as how I could never get through it on the DS.

So now, as the sun is setting in the west (have y'all seen The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition yet!?), I should leave you all and get back to the final stretch of assignments before loafing around for the rest of the month.

Oh, and fucking Star Wars: The Force Awakens is coming out in two weeks, for which Conklederp and I obviously have preordered tickets and will be at  the theatre no later than an hour before the movie starts because that's the way things are done.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment