Sunday, January 17, 2016

Link Dump: Indie games and Twitter

One of my favorite things about twitter has been a lot of the cool-looking indie games that show up in my feed.  I have three favorite twitter people that I follow, and I'm going to share them with you here.
--------





Screenshot daily  
This person compiles a series of large-sized animated gifs for indie games.  They range from really cool to downright gorgeous.  Excellent taste, good design.  I think it really shows how nice animated gifs are for showing off video games.  Just a couple seconds of movement can really show a lot.  I especially love images with background details like falling leaves or swirling smoke.

screenshotdaily.com

@screenshotdaily
-------





Voidfox
Next is voidfox.  This person always has a neat pixel art twitter avatar, and has a strong love of pixel art in general.  He (?) has a love for bullet hell shooters, and mechs and explosions.  I've seen a ton of great looking stuff after following his feed.

@voidfoxtv
----------




I couldn't resist this image

Pixel Prospector
I've actually linked to this website before (years ago) but I have since discovered it on twitter.  Really nice mix of mostly retro indie game styles.  Even if I never play 1/10 of these games, it's just nice to see them. 

@pixelprospector

www.pixelprospector.com
----------



Following any of these poeple on twitter or visiting their wesitese will lead you to many great indie games.
-D

2 comments:

  1. Gaaaaahhhh! I want to play that pixely game of eldritch horror!! I would play that game in a heartbeat. Everything I can find about it though tells me that it's not a real game and just pixel are that's made to look like a game.

    Someone should get on that and turn that pixelly non-game screenshot into a game already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the tease. It seems like pixel art that is supposed to look like a game is getting more common and more convincing. I'll let you know if I find any solid information on this possible game.

    ReplyDelete