Wednesday, January 6, 2016

MIDI Week Single: "Mario Kart 8" - Mario Kart 8 - (Wii U)


"Mario Kart 8" (2014)
Composer: Atsuko Asahi
Record Label:Club Nintendo
Game Developer: Nintendo



This song is just fun and peppy, and I know it well from the many hours of Mario Kart 8 Jane and I have been putting in lately.  It it does a good job of capturing the high speed, colorful fun of the game.  The way the electric guitar zooms in at :11 gives me the feeling of pulling ahead in a Mario Kart race, or firing a red shell.    

The Mario Kart soundtrack come a long way since the Super Nintendo. I think this party-jazz style is fitting. I can almost hear a 'Live from New York' introduction when I hear this music.  

-D

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, that little guitar part at 0:11 does give the impression of using a mushroom to zoom past the current 1st place holder (stupid Toad) to take the lead. Not having played Mario Kart 8, This track (eh, eh!?) does sound very characteristic of Mario Kart. I likes.

    ReplyDelete