Wednesday, October 5, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Lux Tenebras" - Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)


"Lux Tenebras" from Amnesia: The Dark Descent on the PC (2010)
Composer: Mikko Tarmia
Label: The Sound of Fiction
Developer: Frictional Games




In case you were wondering, the title roughly translates to "Light the Darkness."  Having only played through Amnesia: The Dark Descent once, I cannot recall where specifically this track is played, but it really feels like it is the climactic realization denouement scene, possibly where you realize that all you have done to regain your memory (because it's in the game's title) has been for naught.  Mentally, I am conjuring up memories from Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, which was developed by half of the same company, but a different composer (Jessica Curry).

All of the preceding paragraph was why I decided to use "Lux Tenebras" for today's MIDI Week Single, and also because since we're entering the hallowed month of October, I figured I would continue with what I did last year and use either creepy music or music from creepy games.  And while "Lux Tenebras" may not be traditionally scary, the game it hails from definitely gave me a number of starts, both out of fear and frustration.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment