Wednesday, September 2, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: "Katamari on the Rock ~ Main Theme" - Katamari Damacy (PS2)


"Katamari on the Rock ~ Main Theme"  from Katamari Damacy on the Playstation 2 (2004)
Composer: Yu Miyake
Sung By:  Masayuki Tanaka
Studio:  NAMCO


There are actually a lot of songs that I could pick from this wonderfully crazy and eclectic soundtrack, but I probably would have felt bad if I had not started off with "Katamari on the Rock," being a portion of the music that plays during the bizarre intro movie that doesn't actually have anything to do with the gameplay, but it sets the mood for something very out of the ordinary.  I find it very difficult, if not impossible to listen to this song and not feel happy afterwards.  Even the lyrics come across as happy black metal-esque nonsense.

There are so many different aspects to this song that I love.  The trumpet sounds very crisp and bright without being a typical 1st Trumpet and blaring out the highest notes possible.  The drums are always seeming to be padding away.  The background choir singing's "chu-chu-chu-du."  

So seeing that neither Dr. Potts nor I had shared any of the music from the Katamari series here, thus was my inspiration for using "Katamari on the Rock" for today's musical selection.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment