Wednesday, September 9, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: "Level Clear" - Tetris Attack (SNES)


"Level Clear" from Tetris Attack on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1996)
Composer: Masaya Kuzume
Record Label / Album: No Official Soundtrack Released


This might be an odd choice from a game that has quite a lot of great music in it, both from the original Panel de Pon game in Japan and the rearranged some of the tracks taken from Yoshi's Island.  Until I was able to locate the music from the game (because no physical soundtrack was ever produced), I had always known this music to be the "Vs. Mode Fail" music as opposed to the "Level Clear" music that it is frequently titled as.  And before you  jump to conclusions, no I did not hear this tune a lot because I was bad at the game, it was because my Mother was blazingly amazing at this game.

But this song, I would love to listen to and I would let it play through at least twice before continuing on with the game (unless I was playing Vs. Mode against a real person).  I love how simplistic the melody is, being played on what I perceive to be a xylophone or glockenspiel along with a second one to play chords at certain points throughout the song, along with water droplet sounds and a hi hat beat  Plus, I'm always impressed with how great songs from video games can flawlessly loop before you realize that the song is repeating.

So I hope that y'all enjoy this short little song-bit.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment