Friday, September 4, 2015

Monthly Update: September 2015



You know, I had thought about updating. . .nevermind.  I'm going to let that running joke (as in not a joke) just go ahead and die.

Well, as it turns out to be as expected as I had hoped that it would not be, I was not nearly as productive as I had wanted to be last month.  I have yet to actually play Exploding Kittens and the only reason/excuse that I can come up with is because when there have been more than just Conklederp and myself around, we are usually doing something that does not involve sitting around a table, unless that table is currently being used for Dungeons & Dragons. I'm a little sad by this fact, maybe because it's a game that I was really excited to play but there either doesn't appear to be interest or time, or perhaps both.  We'll see in the coming month if I can dredge up a bit of either.

Dungeons & Dragons has happened only once since my last Monthly Update, but that was due to normal scheduling happening and it looks like we'll be getting together again at the end of the month as Conklederp, myself and her parents will be visiting the coast and central Oregon in the coming weeks.  Maybe we can play (the SFW version of) Exploding Kittens?  Maybe not though.  Maybe I'll just bring Munchkin along as they seemed to like that game last time we played.  But back on the D&D front, I finally finished painting the miniatures that represent the PCs in our campaign.  I also made some quick props that have either not been found yet, or were destroyed when the monster carrying them were thoroughly destroyed.

I now genuinely believe that I am less than five hours away from completing Radiant Historia on the 3DS.  In Fallout Tactics, I find myself switching back and forth between the Easy and Normal difficulties, but that's usually when those damnable Deathclaws are around.  I will probably also get around to posting a review of the Bethesda mobile game Fallout Shelter, which I was playing on a regular basis on my android phone up until Tuesday (9/1/15), but that reason will go into the review and maybe by then I will have more information about all that.

OH!  Over on GOG, Bethesda has "allowed" the release of two previously very rare games in the Elder Scrolls series: Battlespire and Redguard.  These games were originally released in 1997 and 1998 respectively and were only just released to be available through GOG.  I will probably be waiting before picking up either of theses games as you are most likely well aware, by games queue is overflowing with titles that I have even yet to touch.  Oh, and the first three Fallout games are once again available through GOG too.

In the coming month, I hope to have some more miniature painting completed, as well as finishing both Fallout Tactics and Radiant Historia and then moving on to something else, maybe not post apocalyptic or fantasy related.  I do have games that are not in either of those two genres by the way.  I have. . . I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, and Shank, and Resident Evil: Revelations and 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors.  And then I also just found out that Escape Rooms are a thing and the three that are operating out of Portland have received very favorable reviews (from what I've read anyway), so I'll be trying to get our D&D group to cough up $15-30/person to have an hour of panic laden fun.

I think that's enough rambling for now, time to get on with my day.

And welcome to September.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment