Thursday, September 24, 2015

Pack Watch: Flying games



Aer
Play as a girl who can turn into a bird.  Fly around to floating islands!  Nice looking, colorful polygons that aren't too complicated.  I think this art style is what N64 was going for a lot of the time.  Low res, not complicated textures, but looks great!  The technique is called 'flat shaded polygons'
I saw my first glimpse of this game over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun.


----------------







Sky Rogue 
This game just looks fun!  I'm not sure why, given I don't normally like flying games much, but every so often, something jumps out.  I think it's the flat shaded polygons.  Head over to Rock, Paper Shotgun, for more info. 

2 comments:

  1. That fwooshy looking blue plane game looks like so much fun [at not annoyingly difficult some some flight sims I know (not Pilotwings by the way, although the upper tiers of that game are not at all forgiving)], I'm'a give the demo a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! let me know what you think!

    I also would like to say that the Pilotwings series is the best flight simulator type game there is. At least for my taste. I think that the above game kinda looks a little like star fox, which is my favorite space-flying game. Nintendo.

    ReplyDelete