Monday, April 4, 2016

Monthly Update: April 2016



Welcome to the month of April!

Well, gaming-wise, I feel that I can safely say that most of my time (presently 22 hours) was dominated by Tomb Raider.  According to the game, I'm 87% complete and I've been pretty consistent with 100%'ing areas as often as I can.  The inclusion of fast travel, although absurd that it's in the game, has definitely helped with making sure I haven't left any contextual stone unturned, nor a tomb unraided.  I've also been putting some time in Killer Instinct, which I also talked about last week, and I think the game might turn into a slight de-stressor.  I did read that, at least in the Xbox One version, that the free fighter rotates, and I hope that that is the case with the Windows 10 port, but if not, no worries.  At least for now.

On the 3DS, I've been playing through Fantasy Life, an interesting game that reminds me a bit of a toned down Dragon Quest world with a similar aesthetic to Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light. I also finished SteamWorld: Dig, a game from the Nindie Bundle and there might be an article about that coming later in the month; or there might not be if you know me by now.  I've also been playing a lot more of ATV: Wild Ride 3D, which is kind of like a 3D Excitebike and is just as infuriating when you get cut off, or in this case, take a jump and end up skidding off a cliff face (and again, the soundtrack is pretty awesome!).

In the mobile gaming front, I've downloaded Nintendo's first foray in the mobile marketplace with Miitomo.  Although Miitomo is less of a game and all of a social application that basically just asks you questions and those answers are shared with people whom you've allowed to be your friend.  Nintendo is great on this front in that you already have to be a friend/follower via Facebook or Twitter, or meet in person, in order to be friends on their app.  What I wish they would do, is for people who link their Miitomo profile to their Nintendo ID (which I did because why not), is allow people whom you've already shared your friend code with to add as a friend too.  OR, maybe that is a thing and the few people I've shared my friend code with aren't using Miitomo and/or linked to their Nintendo ID.  At the moment, it's fun/cute and I'll check it a number of times a day.  Plus there are non-real world money monetary rewards (like with the old Club Nintendo) that allows you to use points/coins to purchase digital rewards such as in-game items, games through Nintendo's eShop and discounts on specific games.  Again, I'm sure there's more, I just don't know about all the bells, whistles and mushrooms about it all yet.

I am looking forward to attempting another escape room, seeing as how the group we went with had so much fun a few weeks back.  Our original plan was to make a second go (at a new room this time since we had already figured out (were told) the final solution to the puzzle (which we had already figured out, but were missing pieces that allowed us to complete it).  I will update y'all if that does happen, as I really hope that it does, but it may have to wait until May because of people's schedules.

Conklederp and I are very much looking forward to the return of Game of Thrones and aside from the first couple of trailers, we've been intentionally in the dark about what is going to happen.  Partly because we want to be surprised with what the show does, but also because Mr. R. R. Martin hasn't published volume six ("The Winds of Winter") yet so most/all of the fans are in the dark with what certain character story-lines are going to entail and how the already differing plots in the TV show will translate to the book (hopefully published by the end of the year).  I think Bates Motel is also returning pretty soon. . .actually it looks like we're already four episodes late, which just means that we'll have to catch up in time for the new episode next Monday.  In Vikings, things are kind of odd, but I read in an interview, that by the end of the season, everything that's happened is supposed to make sense, or you know, storytelling.

Well, that's all I can think of to update y'all with about the upcoming (and present) month of April, in this, the year of our Cthulhu, two thousand sixteen.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Don't You Worry About A Thing

No comments:

Post a Comment