Thursday, December 15, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Mute City" - F-Zero (SNES)


"Mute City" from F-Zero on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1990)
Composer: Yumiko Kanki
Developer: Nintendo EAD


"Mute City" is one of those songs,  similar to last weeks MIDI Week Single of "Brinstar (Rock Stage)" from Metroid, that I feel is synonymous with with the entire F-Zero franchise.  Maybe "Big Blue" coming in a very (very) close second for my favorite track from this 1990 SNES game that I never owned (why bother since Dr. Potts owned it and I could play it nearly any time).

While I do find it true that "Mute City" does often convey the sense of speed that other songs from this game might such as the aforementioned "Big Blue," or "Death Wind." But what "Mute City" lacks in crazy speed related musicalness (sp?), it more than makes up for in the melody department.  It definitely fits the criteria of being able to hum the song yourself, thereby making it more accessible regardless of the amount of energy the song actually has in-game. 



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
We're Home Again, We're Home


P.S.  This was supposed to be put up yesterday after I got home from work, but the Snowpocalypse Part III (for the year) happened yesterday while I was at work and it took me 5 3/4 hours to drive the 18 miles  home, which typically takes 45 minutes to an hour.  So after I got home at 9:42pm last night, all I had the energy to do was eat dinner, watch a couple episodes of NewsRadio to decompress then go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment