Friday, November 10, 2017

Monthly Update: November 2017


Hmmmmmm, November.  I had thought about participating in NaNoWriMo, as I usually do every year around the end of October.  This year I was planning on either writing a new D&D story since novel writing is not entirely my thing, although I probably could have adapted "The Breaking of the Dawn" into a full fledged story if I focused a bit on the background of Bellamon and the history of the First Order of the Ever Dawn.  However, as is typically the case, November kind of snuck up and excuses abound, I am working more than I was last year (considering last year I was in the middle of my internship) so I do not really have the time to write no less than 1,667 words every day when I also have to sleep, wake up, make coffee, hang out a bit with Conklederp, leave for work, work, leave work, spend time with Conklederp while decompressing from work, eat dinner, spend time with Conklederp, then sleeping again.  My days are kind of full, although I guess you could say that if I were to cut out some of the time I spend during the day playing video games (which is usually during the "spend time with Conklederp time" as we are both playing something), I might be able to make it work.

Oh yeah, and I like spending time here too, obviously as I am writing this on Sunday morning while I have water boiling for that ever loving coffee and considering cooking some bacon because BACON!

And BOOM, just like that it is Monday night.  Stuff happens.  We get caught up doing non video game related activities (like stripping paint off of roughly 200 square feet of hardwood floors, and entering bills and invoices into an online accounting program).

So let's make this (or at least the rest of it) a quick one.

It seems like I was the most productive on the 3DS in October, finishing Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, as well as starting and finishing Metroid II: Return of Samus.  I also started up Castlevania II: Simon's Quest and am enjoying being lost and frequently dying possibly even more than in Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.

Other games I started last month were the new season of The Walking Dead from Telltale Games and if the game would stop crashing I would probably enjoy the game a lot more, and Wolfenstein 3D because it has been a while since I last booted up Castle Wolfenstein way back in the early 90s.  And yes, I am playing the edition (the only one that is available on GOG) where you can save as frequently as you like and yes, I am playing it on the default Bring 'Em On.  I have also been playing Darkwood off and on, but mainly because it is a pretty stressful game and at the moment, I am not sure how well I am playing the game and I cannot see what the end game is, so I find that that is a bit of a drag on the motivation.

Movies last month too were more abundantly covered than in the past and I was on the verge of posting another article on Friday about two Stephen King movies that are on Netflix, 1922, and Gerald's Game.

BaDOOM!  


Now we are firmly rooted in Friday because apparently that is just how fast the last seven days have decided to be.  I am eagerly awaiting Amazon to deliver my copy of DOOM for the Switch which was released today, but for whatever reason, will not arrive until the 14th.  Lastly (not really, but let us put this thing out to pasture because this is getting out of hand), I am about 12 hours into Final Fantasy III on the SNES Classic.  It might just be my favorite game of all time.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
Extremely Vexed We Were


P.S.  If you've made it this far, I hint that there might be something ghostly in our new house that may only be visible with a camera of the 3rd dimensional kind.  That's all I'm allowed to reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment