Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Pak Watch: Pretty Pretty games


Beyond Eyes
PC
Beyond Eyes is a game where you play a little blind girl looking for her lost cat.  For whatever reason, this is depicted by beautiful water-color looking landscapes on a white background.  I really don't know anything more than that, but just look at it!  So pretty.  I am generally in support of games with unusual and down-to-earth premises that many call 'walking simulators.'  Additionally, I can't resist a game with a eye-catching art style.  Beyond Eyes is available on Steam.  




Way to the Woods
Platform Unknown
Way to the Woods is a game designed by a 16 year old kid, which rocketed to the Tumbler front page and got a lot of attention.   And just look at it!  So pretty.  I have no idea how this works, except that you are two deer wandering in strange landscapes.  Another walking simulator?  Sign me up!  Way to Woods is still in early development, I'll post updates as I get them.  





Vane
PC
Vane is an 'open world adventure game based on mystery and exploration.'  It follows a little boy with unusual powers wandering through a desert and the ruins of an ancient civilization.  Sounds like a beautiful way to waste a bunch of time.  This game is still in early development, and has the best looking desert I've seen since Journey.  



-D



1 comment:

  1. Those all sound pretty (eh!?) awesome.

    Beyond Eyes: Maybe the use of water color is because water color paintings aren't typically as defined as, say, acrylic or colored pencils/pens? I also don't know much about artistic styles, but I know what I like.

    Way to the Woods: Without looking up anything about WttW, and only basing it off of this one picture, I can imagine the game being a deer wandering through the remains of human civilization, maybe a more artsy and calm post-apocalyptic walking-sim, which I too am all for. Maybe some elements from "Shelter" thrown in?

    Vane: Again, not knowing anything else about "Vane" I get some pretty strong "Journey" vibes (another game that I haven't played and have only seen), which you already mentioned.

    ReplyDelete