Wednesday, June 20, 2018

MIDI Week Singles: "Title Theme" - Flying Warriors (NES)


"Title Theme" from Flying Warriors on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1991)
Composer: Akinori Sawa
Album: No Official Release
Developer: Culture Brain



I felt that it was fitting to feature another piece of music I discovered while delving into the #AllTheNESMusic (as referenced in Monday's article).  This one really surprised me, especially after looking at that wonderful cover there.  What I was not expecting was a theme that reminded me a lot, especially in tone and instrumentation as opposed to melody, to Craig Safan's theme for The Last Starfighter, or Alan Silvestri's theme for Back to the Future.  You know, some might even say that there is some of John Williams' Star Wars in there, but I feel like this is more fantastic and less operatic, but that is just me; bloody hell that sounds snobby (hold on, my glasses fell down my nose).

While listening to the rest of the music from Flying Warriors, it was really nice to hear this main theme sprinkled throughout the rest of the soundtrack, to remind the player that, "While these warriors do apparently tend to walk around a lot, they're still FLYING WARRIORS!!  So you watch out Demonyx!"



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment