Wednesday, May 20, 2020

MIDI Week Singles: "7 AM" - Animal Crossing™: New Horizons (NS)


"7 AM" from Animal Crossing™: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch (2020)
Composers: Yasuaki Iwata, Yumi Takahashi, Shinobu Nagata, Sayako Doi, Masato Ohashi
Album: No Official Release
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo EPD



Yeah, I play Animal Crossing™: New Horizons, what of it?  This is the first Animal Crossing™ game that I have played so I guess you could kind of say that I have jumped on the pandemic bandwagon.  Something that surprised me about the game though was that the music changes every hour to a particular song that only plays during that particular hour.  And on top of that, the music changes based on the weather, or whatever the weather is at the top of the hour; I guess I will have to pay attention to see if the weather changes between hours?  What I am saying is, there are variations on "Welcome Horizons" you may never hear if you do not play at 8 PM if it's raining, at 3 AM on a clear morning, or if it is 11 AM and snowing.



The point of all this is that I typically only play Animal Crossingat particular times of the day because, during this crazy time we are currently living in, I am fortunate to have a full-time job that allows me to work from home.  That time is usually between 6 AM - 8:30 AM or between 10 PM and 12 PM, with the most frequent time being around 7 AM.  So this music here, is what I hear most often when playing.  I dunno, it is just a semi-jazzy little number that I enjoy as I run about Goblisland (as in Goblin Island) collecting shells, capturing butterflies, and digging up fossils only to have Blathers tell me that he has no use for the fourth Triceratops skull that I have had him assess in the past week.




~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian
Castaway We Ride

No comments:

Post a Comment