Wednesday, January 17, 2024

MIDI Week Singles: "Those Who Fight" - Final Fantasy VII (PC)

 


"Those Who Fight" from Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation, PC, iOS, PlayStation4, & Android (1997)
Composer: Nobuo Uematsu
Album: Final Fantasy VII Original Sound Track
Label: DigiCube
Publisher: Square, Sony Computer Entertainment, Eidos Interactive, & Square Enix
Developer: Squaresoft


I have no data to back me up on this, but I feel that for everyone who played Final Fantasy VII within the first few years it was out likely has some area or scene come to mind whenever they hear a particular song from this soundtrack.  For me with "Those Who Fight," I always think back to my first playthrough when I bought the PC version of the game in late 1998.  I always think of being in Shin-ra Manor battling Ghirofelgo, the weird creature swinging from a rope with the lower half of its body being a pendulum/guillotine-type blade.  I did a lot of grinding in that location before heading to Mt. Nibel, enough for my primary memory of this song is going up against Ghirofelgo after Ghirofelgo (and every other creature in the manor) and for whatever feeling that these series of battles were worth it in terms of XP and AP.

That's all I have.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
We Were Born Outta Time

No comments:

Post a Comment