Wednesday, August 19, 2015

MIDI Week Singles: "Naru and the Embracing Light" - Ori and the Blind Forest (Multi Platform)




Naru and the Embracing Light - from Ori and the Blind Forest soundtrack on multiple platforms
Composer:  Gareth Coker
Developer:  Moon Studios
Publisher:  Microsoft Studios




And the award for the most unexpected dose of tender emotion goes to: "Naru and the Embracing Light", from the Ori and the Blind Forest soundtrack.  Wow.  I have never played this game, never even heard of it- before a few minutes ago, when I chanced to click on the link in my youtube links bar.  I wasn't even sure this was a game and not a film, but I confirmed it is a game, released earlier this year.  

About halfway through 'Embracing Light', I got choked up.  It was marvelous to have a piece of music hit me that well and completely unexpected.  Honestly, this whole soundtrack is worth your attention.  I may never play this game, but you can bet I will listen to it.  

-D

1 comment:

  1. I've heard that this game is full of those feeling things and not only the good kind that make you happy, but also a fair amount of the good ones that make you feel sad too. It's one of those games that I'd like to get around to play.

    ReplyDelete