Friday, August 7, 2015

Monthly Update: August, 2015


Did I talk about possibly updating the logo for our Monthly Updates?  I think I did. . .yes I did.  And since nothing has changed logo-wise in that time, I think I'll continue to sticking with sure things.

So July I was able to complete a couple of games that I'd been working a while towards, Half-Life and Fallout, both great PC games from the late 1990s.  Shortly after finishing Fallout, I decided to start up Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, seeing as how it's the next game chronologically whereas Fallout 2 was the second game in the series released.  I'll be coming out with a First Impressions article later in the month.

I also played a handful of rounds of Team Fortress 2 with Chreekat earlier in the month and was amused when he said that I was almost voted out of the game because I was idle for less than 30 seconds, as I was also in the process of making dinner and I didn't want whatever I was cooking on the stove to potentially burn.  I forgot how much fun TF2 was as I hadn't played it in well over a year (the last time might've been with Coolman and SneakyTiki) and I had to reinstall the game and re-figure out the interface and the various characters.  I should play it again soon.

With the mention of more games, I made a decision, probably around the time of beating Half-Life, that I would decrease the number of games I play at one time in order to try to finish games a lot sooner than I have previously been.  I of course say that now, but we'll just have to wait and see what the fates decide.  

I of course am still working my way through Radiant Historia and have had to peruse Gamefaqs in order to find out where to travel back in history to find the right time to talk to my target in order to influence them in either the present or the alternate present.  Time travel can be a bit confusing.  Thankfully dialogue scenes can be fast-forwarded.

And don't worry, Conklederp and I are still playing through Elder Scrolls Online, but we just haven't quested in a while due to her work schedule and my homework needed to be submitted by a certain time schedule.  I did recently find out that there was a new species of Orc, Wood Orcs, that apparently live in Valenwood along with the Bosmer, but that area is traversed around level 35 in the Aldmeri Dominion; we're playing in the Daggerfall Covenant.  So about 100 hours on another side of the war and I'll be able to see what's going on with them.

On the physical gaming front, Exploding Kittens, the Kickstarted card game tri-created from the creator of The Oatmeal and admittedly some other people I'm not familiar with (Elan Lee and Shane Small) arrived in the mail yesterday.  I'm excited to play this fun and ridiculous game that apparently can take about 15 minutes to play an entire game.  I have read over on The Reddit that the packaging of the cards in their respective boxes hasn't gone as well as the creators would have liked, although the response from the boxing/shipping company seems to be positive.  But ours arrived just fine, all stickered, shrink wrapped and sealed with all of the cards where they were supposed to be.  There might be an article about this game (along with the rest of the Intern Nets).

Dungeons & Dragons is still happening and I would say that we're about 2/5s of the way through the quest, maybe more, maybe less, but all depending on the number of side quests that the PCs want to take and how confident Dagnar Ungart is that her cousin Gundren Rockseeker is being kept alive by his captors.  Or how confident that Tula Tealeaf is that Glass Staff won't kill her aunt Qelline Alderleaf and nephew Carp as well as their other captive, Sildar Hallwater.  It's a bit of a clusterfuck right now, but as the DM, it's the best kind.

August, I'm not 100% sure what will entail.  I'll have half of the month off so I might get a fair amount of gaming completed and I'll probably be posting more frequently.  Ah, and I'll probably have some pictures up of the miniatures that I finally got around to painting.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment