Wednesday, August 24, 2016

MIDI Week Singles: "Everdawn Basin" - Dust: An Elysian Tale (PC/PS4/XB360/Linux/iOS/OSX)


"Everdawn Basin" from Dust: An Elysian Tale on the PC, PS4, XBox 360, Linux, iOS, & OS X  (2012)
Label: Self Released / Bandcamp
Developer: Humble Hearts


Confession time.  I have not played Dust: An Elysian Tale, and I apparently hadn't listened to the soundtrack despite the fact that Dr. Potts got me the soundtrack a number of years ago (apologies on that note).  But when this song cropped up this morning, I thought, "Buh-jeezus, this is some rocking-ness!"  So not having played the game, I cannot say how this songs fits into the context of the game, or how it compares to the rest of the soundtrack, I had to start writing right away.

What I love about this song is that it starts off with the quiet-ish vocal / string section that lasts for the first 22 seconds, but once it hits that 22 second mark, the song becomes almost a battle theme.  I could actually see this being final boss battle music, except that it comes less than half way through the soundtrack, which I will believe is in chronological order.  I am actually very interested to find out where in the game this track takes place, although I may have built up the possible scenario too much.  

We'll just have to wait and see then.

But until then, it's off to listening to the rest of the soundtrack.


~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

1 comment:

  1. Now I have a confession: I haven't played the game either! But boy, this music is great! It's rocking and soft at the same time. I like!
    Also: for whatever reason, I don't have the necessary plug-in to play the song on this post, but I followed the link, and that worked! I also have to go listen to the Crystalis track as well--off site.

    ReplyDelete