Thursday, September 6, 2018

MIDI Week Single: "Fallen Angel's Revival (Distille's Theme)" - Code of Princess (3DS)


"Fallen Angel's Revival: Distille's Theme" from Code of Princess on the Nintendo 3DS, PC, and Nintendo Switch (2012)
Composer: ACE (CHiCO, Tomori Kudo)
Developer: Studio Saizensen


Obviously, what I love about this song, is that it only takes about 7.5 seconds before the choir kicks in.  And the intense tones at the beginning scream that you are about to go up against a boss, and not just any boss, but the boss.  But what I like about this boss music, is that while it does fall into the cliche of being over powering with a choir, it still contains a lot of the feeling from the rest of the music in the game (and off of the soundtrack).  It is very much fitting with the almost playfulness that is present in tracks such as the themes for Solange and Baku.

One critical thing I have to say about this song is that the choir, at times can sound a bit staccato, almost like a MIDI keyboard choir, like keys on a keyboard represent the words that are being sung and the pianist is really banging those keys.  And because this is the uncompressed soundtrack, I cannot blame it on the 3DS' sound quality (of which I have few complaints as it is).  I also wish I knew what was being sung because it kind of sounds like there is some Latin in there (thinking of One Wing Angel I think) and I really want to believe that the lyrics actually mean something to the events in the game or the ambitions of the antagonists, as opposed to something about Cyborg Jesus.



~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian

No comments:

Post a Comment