Wednesday, November 20, 2019

MIDI Week Singles: "A Vow Remembered" - Fire Emblem: Three Houses (NS)


"A Vow Remembered" from Fire Emblem: Three Houses on the Nintendo Switch (2019)
Composer: Takeru Kanazaki, Hiroki Morishita, Rei Kondoh
Album: Not On An Officially Released Soundtrack*
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Intelligent Systems & Koei Tecmo






Before I go too much further, I want to preface that there are going to be spoilers since in this game, you are able to take different paths depending on which house you decide to be a professor for at the start of the game.  And with each of the three (possibly more?) paths you take, the music may end up being different.  So at the end of my first 90 hours, there were still a number of songs that just had not come up at all.  Which means if I wanted to hear all of the music in the game, in context, I would need to play through at least three times.  It helps that the story is engaging and that there would be enough variance in story elements so it would not feel like you are rehashing the exact same events all over again.

I first heard this song at the very end of my first playthough in Fire Emblem: Three Houses during the preparations screen before the battle at Fhirdiad; I played Female Byleth, had started with the Black Eagle House, and sided with Edelgard as the Black Eagle Strike Force when the choice came up.  I was a little disappointed when I started the battle and this song did not continue as it was only played while you made preparations for the battle, and knowing that this was probably the final battle in the game.  And since I made a lot of preparations such as using all of the skill-bonus items that I had been hoarding since the first chapter, repairing as many weapons as I could afford, forging weapons with as much Wootz Steel as I had left, and over analyzing where I wanted specific characters to start out on the battlefield, I heard this song a lot.  Going into the final battle, which I was dreading because it was the final battle, this song gave me the push I morally needed to click that Fight button and get things underway.  How much I love this song probably did not help my procrastinating the start of this battle.




~JWfW/JDub/Jaconian
I Wish You Luck Sincerely In Your World


P.S.
*In the description I say that this song is not included on an officially released soundtrack, because currently, there is only one album titled Fire Emblem: Three Houses Sound Selection, which has 33 of the 132 tracks (including both English and Japanese variants) and does not include "A Vow Remembered."  And because of this, I do not know which of the three composers either worked cooperatively or wrote the song themselves, hence including all of them as composers on this one song.

No comments:

Post a Comment