Wednesday, June 24, 2020

MIDI Week Singles: "Flower Garden" - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island (SNES)


"Flower Garden" from Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (1995), Game Boy Advance (2002), SNES Classic (2017)
Composer: Koji Kondo
Album: Nintendo Power - Play it Loud! Original Soundtrack Volume 1, & Super Mario Yoshi's Island Original Sound Version
Label: Nintendo Power, & NTT Publishing
Publisher: Nintendo
Developer: Nintendo EAD


I started playing Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island quite a while ago, back, I think, when I first got the SNES Classic as it was a Super Mario game that I never played, probably because I thought the concept of Baby Mario was too childish for my 15-year-old sensibilities.  But I had the music, as part of the "Play It Loud!" compilations album and I loved the music that was incorporated into Tetris Attack.  So I started playing and right off the bat, in the first stage of the first world, was one of the songs that I loved from the soundtrack.  "Flower Garden."

I find it to be just a super chill tune that sounds pretty advanced for a game on the SNES, and could easily be music that was composed for and released on an N64 cart.  I have complicated feelings about Yoshi's Island, which I will likely get to later, but at least the music from the first series of stages in World 1, I will have this groovy little tune with its harmonica-esque melody warbling in and out of my ear.  Good tunes.



~JWfW/JDub/Cooking Crack/Jaconian
Hösten kommer och Sommaren går

No comments:

Post a Comment