Thursday, January 7, 2021

MIDI Week Singles: "NAPALMMAN STAGE" - Mega Man 5 (NES)

 

"NAPALMMAN STAGE" from Mega Man 5 on the Nintendo Entertainment System (1992)
Composer: Mari Yamaguchi
Album: Capcom Music Generation Family Computer Soundtracks Rockman 1~6
Label: Suleputer
Publisher: Capcom
Developer: Capcom


Since getting a new New 3DS (have I mentioned this yet?), I have been revisiting some of the games that I started but could not finish and Mega Man 5 or any game in the Mega Man series is a bit difficult if the primary button you use to fire your weapon does not function like it should; although somewhat doable?

When I went into Mega Man 5, I was not expecting to like a lot of the music, probably from what I had heard about the series becoming stale on the NES at this point and Mega Man X being released on the SNES the following year.  As it turned out, I actually enjoyed a fair amount of the music, and probably just about as much as other Mega Man games as there were some really fun tracks (Stoneman, Gyroman), and some lackluster tracks (Starman, Gravityman).   The music for Napalmman's stage though was a track that surprised me, again probably because I went in with low expectations.  I just thought it was a classic sounding Mega Man track, which is why I am sharing it with you all today.

Stay safe out there.


~JWfW/JDub/The Faceplantman/Jaconian
Staring at a Paper He is Lost Inside His Head

No comments:

Post a Comment